Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cannon Beach and Other Recent Happenings...

Welp, suddenly it's been a month and I haven't blogged. How does this happen? I mean, I'm busy. My life is more or less sleep, wake, run to the bus, work, eat, repeat. There are variables, to be sure. Occasionally I shower. And sometimes I have breakfast with my brother. I've also started playing soccer on a co-rec team, The Nasties. They are fabulous. Playing is often the highlight of my week. It makes me feel alive and old all at the same time. When I first started playing, I would literally wake up in the middle of the night because I was so sore. Pathetic, really.

I'm busy but I'm not that busy. So, again, I'm resolving to write more.

Lots has happened in the past month or so. I am settling into my job rather well, and actually starting to like it. The majority of days seems to fly by. I'll have to dedicate a whole post to my job and the people I work with later. You gotta love the quirks of office culture.

Also, all my law school apps are in. I'm feeling pretty good about my chances. I should hear in the next week or 2 for sure. I've become a bit obsessive about checking my online application status. As of 5 minutes ago, nothing has changed but I'll keep you posted. I get a little panicky sometimes because I don't exactly have a backup plan. When those thoughts start creeping up on me I have found that the easiest way to self medicate is with an episode of Gossip Girl. I love me some Chuck Bass, what can I say?

Finally, another happening that also deserves a post of it's own...officially, I have myself a brand spankin' new boyfriend. He cooks, he cleans, he brings me flowers, he buys me Coldplay tickets (squee!). I am a happy lady. Obviously, I like him for other, less shallow reasons too. He is also dashingly handsome. More to come...Oh, and he took all the pictures below, I can't take credit for them...

Overall, I'd say the highlight of the last month was our trip to Cannon Beach...



We had fantastic weather. This is the view off the back of the condo, courtesy of our hostess with the mostess, KL.

I love this girl. Maybe someday we'll do something without each other. Probably not, though. I'm okay with that.

Here are all the girls, +John and -Becca. To my family...look how happy we all are. Doesn't that make you want to live on the water in say, the Pacific Northwest? You too could always be this happy. Here's my boy. We look happy but don't be decieved. This was actually just before I got dropped and tackled in the sand. He loves me.

For Valentine's Day, KR made us heart pancakes and mimosas. I don't think anyone loves V-Day more than Miss Ruggles. It's fantastic.

The boys did manly things that had no point.

We hung out. I pretended I knew how to golf. Shoulda taken Daddy-o up on those lessons back in the day.

This was my favorite part, as you might expect. I may have gotten dominated most of the time, but I'll admit, I had a couple moments where I felt like my old self again. Sigh, when did I get old?

Yep, Mom and Dad, you really should consider the Pacific Northwest.

More to come. Thanks for reading.

Love, LC

6 comments:

Hanna Schmidt said...

Aaaaaaand, she's back.

Come visit!

Anonymous said...

I was checking your blog just to tell you you suck as a blogger, and what do I find? An entry. Thank You!!!Yes the Pac. NW looks inviting, since yesterday the fingerprint lady at the police station told me my hands are so dry, my fingerprints are very broken. Hmmm, maybe some day.
I smile at your happiness. Prayer answered. MOM

Bethany said...

Hey.. one note: I think you meant Jon not Josh when talking about one of the photos! :) haha!

Much love!

RumorsOfGlory said...

Another wonderful and beautiful post. I've always wanted to go to that beach.

hopemonger said...

I'm so glad I could be there with all the girls, -Becca! Thanks for the tag!

Laura Colby said...

It's fixed. Yeesh, people.