Monday, July 28, 2008

Maybe she's onto something...

Driving home from the grocery store, the conversation went like this...

Anna: What's a cashier?
Me: That lady that scanned all our food and then told us how much we had to pay was a cashier.
(long pause)
Anna: Wara, do you think I could be a cashier someday, like, when I grow up?
Me: Trust me, love, you're way to smart to be a cashier. You'd maybe like it for a day but you're smart enough that you could be anything you want when you grow up. Like an astronaut. Or a doctor.
Anna: I don't know. I don't like the gross stuff. Like blood and hearts and stuff.
Me: Well, there's lots of different kinds of doctors. You could be a doctor that does surgery. Or saves kids' lives. Don't you think it would be cool to save people's lives?
Anna: I dunno. I kinda think I wanna be a zoo keeper instead.
Me: A zoo keeper? Why?
Anna: Well, I know you have to shovel poop. But at least maybe the lion would know me and we could be friends. You know, sorta.
Me: Well said.

2 comments:

bec said...

LOL! I can't believe you had this conversation. Man I need to have kids so I can just die of laughter! (that is, when they can talk and when it's not right in front of their face!)

Courtney said...

can i be friends with your sista?

and can we have a phone date soon?

i miss you. cheap flight to seattle as soon as john mccain solves all of our energy problems = me on the airplane.

ps how do i subscribe to your blog so i don't have to frantically look for new ones?