As I look, my eyes begin to recognize the anguish and agony of all the people for whom you gave yourself. Your broken heart becomes the heart of all of humanity, the Heart of all the world, You carry them all: abandoned children, rejected wives and husbands, broken families, the homeless, refugees, prisoners, the maimed and tortured, and the thousands, yes millions who are unloved, forgotten, and left alone to die. I see their emaciated bodies, their despairing faces, their anguished looks, I see them all there where Your body is pierced and Your heart is ripped apart. Compassionate Lord, Your heart is broken because of all the love that is not given or received. -Henri Nouwen
Praise the Lord for them: http://www.ijm.org/
More to come soon. Busy weekend with the brother and sister-in-law in town!
Love,
LC
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment