Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Life Worth Sharing

So, I'll be honest. I've been a bit apprehensive about writing recently. I know I said I'd write more but I don't really feel like I have much to offer. I mean, my life is pretty repetitive right now. Sleep....bus....work....bus....eat...sleep. There are no accidental dates gay bar dates with men that I met on Craigslist. No Nazi marches on the Mall. No West Wing binges or near nervous breakdowns. Life is pretty normal. And pretty good, don't get me wrong. I live with some of my best girls. I'm in love. I am law school bound, which means I have a purpose and a plan. I just don't feel like I have anything of real value to share here.

I was talking to my Mom this morning, we'll call her Betty. I was sharing some of my thoughts with Betty and she made a great point, something I've been thinking about all day. She said that each of us, no matter where we are in life, can do something or are doing something that is worth sharing, we've just got to pinpoint what it is. Our lives are probably only boring to us. Isn't that what makes Facebook or (gag me) Twitter so popular? People want to know what people are doing. Granted, there are pros and cons to these networking tools but I think that maybe it's good indicator validating what Betty said.

So I'll ask you, what part about your life is worth sharing? Is worth putting on display for the world/internet to enjoy? What CAN you do to make your life worth sharing?

I'm working on an answer to this. Maybe you will too.

Peace, love and Twitter.
LC

No comments: